Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Carrie

Carrie

I adore my family.  You've heard it before, I know.  My cousins are also my best friends and I can't imagine life without them.  Jeri was my very first best friend.  She was 5 when I was born and from what I hear, we were best buds from the get go.

Go ahead and laugh at my hair...  and my cheesy grin...  But...  I was wearing a bikini and had stylish sunglasses (stuck in the chair).  Might not have squinted if I wore them...  Funny how despite the obvious sun...  no tan...  Some things never change.  
Fast forward a...  few... years and Jeri's daughter is graduating from high school.  SHUT UP!!!  How did that happen?  So...  I packed up my camera gear and headed to Toledo.  It was senior picture time.  

I planned to hang at Jeri's house while my mom hung at her parents.  It was like old times.  I got to cuddle with critters.  I don't think this kitters was too impressed with me.  :)
 Don't you love the familiar feeling that comes with family?  Even though I haven't stayed overnight there in a long time.  I remembered the noises, the way the house feels...  And as I looked around, I saw this...  I made it for Jeri in 1988...  She still has it and it touches my heart that she has saved it all these years.  :)
 So...  we hung out Friday night but Saturday morning we were off to work.  Toledo Botanical Gardens was our first stop.  LOTS of pretty things here!  I am probably biased but I think Carrie is beautiful!!!
 Her blue eyes are so "WOW" that they even look good in black and white.





I LOVE this one!!!!  I wonder if I can build a little window here at Casa Keidela....


 This pretty butterfly held still just long enough to get its photo taken.  Perfect!
 Would you like to make fun of this pose?  We did...

 I think this might be my favorite photo.  It's totally an expression I see Carrie make a lot.  I guess we laugh a lot in my family because this is how I think of her.  :)
 It's a framer!!!



 Another framer!
 and another....



 After all those exhausting photos, we went to my Aunt & Uncle's house (Carrie's grandparents).  My uncle was sitting on the porch step, cigar in hand...  How handsome is my Unk?!
It was a great visit!  LOTS of laughs.  As always...  time with my family was too short.  I'm totally blessed in the family department.  I'm very grateful for each and every one of them and so happy to have taken Carrie's photos.  Big hugs to all my fam!!!  Love you!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...