Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Your bucket

Have you ever had a friend call you for advice?

Of course you have.  And just like I do, you search for just the right words to make your friend feel better.  You talk them through their problem or distract them from it....  whatever seems right at the time.  But, as I talked with a friend recently, it occurred to me...

It all boils down to the bucket.  

"The bucket?" you ask....  That's right.  The bucket.  The proverbial one.

In life, there are people, places and things in your life.  They either fill your bucket or drain it.  You know what I'm talking about.  

People hurt you and put a hole in your bucket or they knock you off balance and drain some of the water out of your bucket.  

Stick with people that keep you stable.  Stick with people who help you hold your bucket upright.  Stick with people who don't attack you and put holes in your bucket....

And...  when your bucket feels a little empty, I have a gift for you.
A little refill water and some band-aids for the holes...

Here's to a full bucket!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Love your bucket theory!

Donna Keidel said...

Thanks Sharon! I hope you'll come back and visit again. I moved the blog to www.dkphotoblog.com

I'll be checking out your blog as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...